27 March 2008

Feng shui


Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophy which asks us to bring positive Chi Energy into our rooms through sunlight. Lightscapes and suncatchers change the quality of light entering a room so possibly add to its Chi energy. I have no idea whether there is empirical evidence that this is so but owning a suncatcher with a crystal in is not illegal, immoral, and it won't make you fat. If you like looking at patches of coloured light then the chances are that doing it will make you feel happy.
Here you can see how the octagonal swarovski crystal casts 8 little rainbows behind it.
To quote Joni Mitchell, who I much admire:
Woke up, it was a chelsea morning, and the first thing that I saw
Was the sun through yellow curtains, and a rainbow on the wall
Blue, red, green and gold to welcome you, crimson crystal beads to beckon. Won't you stay, we'll put on a day, there's a sun show every second.

2 comments:

Chris O'Byrne said...

That is by far my favorite song by Joni Mitchell, I can listen to it over and over again. On one of my artist interviews (http://www.onlineartsmarketing.com/kathy-edds/) I talk with a dear friend who taught stained glass at the arts-focused charter school we helped start. It was a big hit with the students and there were a lot of cut up fingers!

Anonymous said...

I've been asked to run stained glass sessions for WoodCraft Folk and I said NO. I am scared some child will cut themselves and their parents will sue me.
Lesley